What’s good about it?
High in B vitamins, Salmon and Eggplant are great for increasing energy and supporting optimal hormone health. When combined with English spinach which is high in magnesium and asparagus which is great for liver health (and clearing hormones out of the body), this recipe not only tastes delicious, but it is also great for healthy happy hormones.
Time it takes to cook : 45 Minutes (Serves 2)
- On a gas stove or BBQ, on low heat, flame roast the eggplants until soft. Gently turning the eggplant with tongs until all sides are charred. This can take approximately 15 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Snap off the ends of the Asparagus and lay down in a baking dish
- Sit Salmon and cherry tomatoes on top of the Asparagus and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Top with Black Sesame seeds and salt for taste
- Put baking dish in oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Place softened eggplant into the food processor, removing all the charred bits as you go
- Add the juice of ½ lemon and the tahini to the eggplant
- Blitz until eggplant is a puree consistency
- Wilt the spinach in a frypan with a little olive oil for 1 minute before serving the dish
Recipe by Scott Woods (Head Chef – Ruby’s Mt Kembla) and Melanie Olde (Nutritionist/ Naturopath)