This recipe is perfect for a dairy free eaters both as an alternative to a cheese but also as a dip.
If you want it to be more ‘cheese’ like, then use minimal water. I prefer to make it more like a dip by adding more water. It works great with green beans as an afternoon snack!
400g Raw cashews
5 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
5 tablespoons of Nutritional yeast
8 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of one lemon
Salt and white pepper to taste
- Soak cashews in boiling water for minimum 1 hour
- Drain off water but reserve water for later use
- In a food processor, blend cashews with Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, lemon and Extra Virgin Olive oil until smooth
- Adding reserve water until you get the desired consistency
- Adding salt and white pepper to taste
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days. Excess amounts can be frozen to use at a later date if desired.