To be honest – this recipe was inspired because I had a lot of beetroot to eat! So thats one good reason to make this but its also created for those people who need to be eating low sugar, are vegan (dairy free) and gluten free. I hope you enjoy it!
2 beetroots peeled and boiled until soft
1 cup rolled oats
1.25 cups of coconut shredded
¾ cup vital pea protein powder chocolate
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup coconut flour
- Preheat fan force oven to 150deg Celcius
- Boil beetroot until soft (takes approximately 30mins)
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and blend
- Line a baking tin with baking powder and spoon mixture in, spreading evenly across the tin
- Bake for 35-40mins or until set on top and wet inside (use a knife to pierce)
- Serve with either extra shredded coconut on top (tastes better) or bee pollen.