Yesterday I had a client who was iron deficient & supplementing with an Iron product from the chemist. When I looked up the ingredients of the product it contained Sodium Lauryl Sulfate as a binding agent (among other questionable ingredients). SLS is a detergent guys!! Don’t be putting it on your body, let alone ingesting it.
Just because it’s from the chemist doesn’t mean it’s a good idea! More often than not, these iron supplements are cheap, poorly absorbed and constipating and rarely does the intended job.
Consult a naturopath, we have years of training in nutritional medicine and the forms of the vitamin or minerals and the binding agents really do matter.
Also don’t forget – good quality food is always more important than a supplement ?