This bread recipe is another of my Gluten and Dairy free favourites. Tastes great warmed with eggs or even just a little butter (if tolerated).
Buckwheat and Rosemary Bread (adapted from Teresa Cutter (healthy chef) recipe)
300g Buckwheat flour
60g Chia seed
60ml olive oil
125ml cup of water
1.5 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
Tsp rosemary (cut into very small pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 160degc
2. Soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup of water for 30mins (until gel like)
3. Add to the processor: Buckwheat flour, chia seeds, olive oil, baking powder, sea salt and rosemary and blend for 3 minutes.
4. Spoon mixture into the a loaf baking tin lined with baking paper on all sides
5. Bake for 1 hour and 15minutes, until firm to touch.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30mins on a rack or board. The bread should be slightly moist in the middle and crisp on the outside.
7. Tastes delicious when warmed or toasted.
8. Lasts 3 days out of the fridge or can be sliced and frozen to be used as needed.