Gelatin has wonderful healing properties and is a natural source of amino acids which aid in hair, skin and bone health. It can also aid in reducing inflammation in the gut and assist in reducing food sensitivities, promote healthy immune function and recovery after exercise.
I love that this recipes contains the antioxidant properties of blueberries in conjunction with the gelatin, plus it tastes yummy.
1 cup frozen blueberries (thawed)
1 tbs of Lemon or lime juice
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup of Coconut Milk, canned and full fat
6 tbs Gelatin ( I use Grass fed Gelatin which can be purchased here)
6 tbs Honey
- Blend blueberries, lemon juice, water and coconut milk in the food processor
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the mixture and then slowly stir in the honey.
- Slowly pour in the gelatin whist stirring, ensuring you don’t get any lumps.
- Line a 8 x 8 pan with baking paper and pour mixture in
- Place in freezer for 10minutes
- Remove from freezer and cut into bite size pieces. Option to use cookie cutters also.
- Store in fridge to keep for longer.