Healthy Gut Gummies- Blueberries and cream
The benefits of this recipe come mainly from gelatin because of its many wonderful healing properties. It is a natural source of amino acids, which aids in reducing inflammation in the gut, and helps to repair damage to the intestinal wall and rebuild the mucous membranes. In turn, this healing will help to encourage healthy immune function.
Another benefit of this recipe is that it contains the antioxidant properties of blueberries. Plus it tastes so yummy that even the kids will eat it!
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 1 tbs lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 6 tbs gelatin (I use Grass fed Gelatin “Gelatin Health”)
- 6 tbs honey
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking tray with baking paper.
- Blend blueberries, lemon juice, water and coconut milk in the food processor.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the mixture and then slowly stir in the honey.
- Slowly pour in the gelatin whist stirring, ensuring you don’t get any lumps.
- Pour mixture into baking tray.
- Place in freezer for 10minutes to set.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bite size pieces.
- Option to use cookie cutters to create cute shapes.
- Store in fridge to keep fresh for longer.